Okay everyone, I have figured out how to get the 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
-First, eat a fruit with breakfast - a banana in your cereal, blueberries on oatmeal, strawberries on waffles, etc....
-Then, for lunch have a salad with whatever you're having. (Or a soup with vegetables in it).
- During the day, for a snack have some apple slices, an orange, or some carrot sticks with Ranch dressing instead of what you'd normally snack on, like chips.
-At dinner try to have one or two vegetables, like a potato and green beans, or whatever you like.
- And the "cheater" one: drink a glass of V-8 Fusion or other 100% fruit or vegetable juice to get in that last serving.
I did these things today and had MORE than 5!!!!
- Emily Martin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That makes it sound so easy, Emily! I will give it a shot. One thing I decided to try is I can't have any "good" treats (cookies, candy, etc.) until I have all five servings in for the day. That way I don't eat junk food, and I get my five healthy foods in.
ReplyDelete-Jeana Aagard