Okay...so I am not doing great on my personal goal which was NO CHOCOLATE. Aaahhhh! I did make it one day last week without having any! And, I did get almost all of my other points...so that is good, right? I found this recipe and it sounds worth a try. Let us know when/if you try it!
Take a brownie mix...any brand will work
Puree one can of black beans until smooth (liquid and all)
Mix into dry brownie mix
Bake as directed on package.
These are fudgy, moist and delicious! To assure success and to avoid your family who does not read the blog from figuring you out and turning their noses up at beans in brownies follow these tips:
Do NOT over cook!!!! a little under done is best...these should be fudgy
Don't double the batch...an 8x8 pan is about perfect.
Really, it's just the dry mix and beans...do not add anything else!
Seriously, these are delicious and you can't tell they aren't just great fudgy brownies: So! Low fat, high fiber, chocolaty....a serving of vegetable? What's not to love? (ok, one thing not to love...the sodium content is high because of the bean's not being drained...oh well)
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment